Special Spring Public Program Episode of Communication Matters
NCA’s spring public program, “Communicating in the Battlegrounds: Politics in the Purple States,” originally scheduled for April 30 at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, was cancelled because of the COVID-19 pandemic. NCA has, instead, hosted this conversation as a podcast, which was released on April 30, 2020. Listeners will hear from five expert panelists who discuss political communication in our elections and explore the effects it has on public opinion, specifically in battleground states.
- Trevor Parry-Giles, Executive Director, National Communication Association
- Sumana Chattopadhyay, Associate Professor, Marquette University
- Young Mie Kim, Professor, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Robert Kraig, Executive Director, Citizen Action of Wisconsin
- Thomas A. Salek, Assistant Professor of Communication, Concordia University Chicago
- Shawn Turner, Professor of Practice, Strategic Communication, Michigan State University