COMMNotes is a daily (Monday-Friday) email blast. Subscribers and all NCA members receive daily emails on the categories listed below. Individuals are encouraged to contribute abstracts, calls, articles, announcements, and grant opportunities. Postings are free, except for position announcements. As with CRTNET position announcements, position announcements will remain free for NCA department members; institutions that are not NCA members can publish position announcements for $100.
Subscribe to COMMNotes
Subscriptions to COMMNotes are free to all. Please click the buttons below to subscribe.
- Conferences, Calls, and Announcements
- Position Announcements (Complete online form; instructions below.)
The following applies to submission postings for all posting categories except Position Announcements. See the position announcement section for more detailed submission information.
- Submissions should be sent in the body of an email without unusual fonts or formatting, spacing, PDFs, tables, or attachments.
- Send all submissions except Position Announcements to COMMNotes@natcom.org.
- Include the following in your submission:
- The category of announcement you are submitting
- Your name and email (which will be included in the posting)
- A subject line as you would like it to appear on COMMNotes
Position announcements are free for NCA departmental members. The fee for non-departmental members is $100 per position vacancy. Payment must be in the form of a credit card.
- Departments may join NCA in lieu of paying the position announcements fee. Click here to view the benefits of Department Membership.
- All position advertisers must submit their position announcements using NCA’s online portal. Please follow the steps below.
- Log in to your individual account. When you log in, you should see two blue boxes. Click on your department account. If you don't see two blue boxes, contact Al Tiano at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, create an online account.
- Ensure COMMNotes Position Announcement is selected and click “Review & Checkout.”
- Fill in all required fields.
- Click “Next.”
- Ensure item price and total are correct (free for department members; $100 for non-members) and confirm email address to receive confirmation. Click “Submit.”
- NCA is not responsible for verifying the accuracy of position announcements.
- NCA reserves the right to refuse position announcements for any reason.
- Announcements for a position may be posted only once.
Submission and Posting Policies
- Messages may only be posted once.
- All postings require a name and email address; anonymous submissions will not be posted.
- Submissions are not edited for content, spelling, or grammar.
- Advertisements will not be posted.
- COMMNotes will not be sent out when the office is closed for holidays or the NCA annual convention.
- Submissions are intended for COMMNotes only, not the NCA website or Spectra.
- Copyright and Permissions:
- Unless indicated in the text of an individual post, material distributed in COMMNotes is understood to be available for redistribution by electronic or other means for noncommercial purposes. Requests for permission to reproduce a post for commercial purposes should be directed to the author of that post. Readers who would like to recommend copyrighted material available electronically should submit a short summary of the material along with the URL where the material can be found.
The last Communication, Research, and Theory Network (CRTNET) listserv messages were sent on May 29, 2020. To obtain back issues of CRTNET, click here.