The Environmental Communication Division is a multidisciplinary effort to support a broad audience of academics, professionals, and practitioners in the sharing and building of theoretical, critical, and applied scholarship addressing environmental communication in a variety of contexts. We believe all communication involves an environmental dimension, because symbolic and natural systems are mutually constituted. Humans are one part of the broader ecosystems and cultures we inhabit, both shaping and shaped by our corporeal, intellectual, spiritual, emotional, and physical alienation from and proximity to those spaces and communities.To explore these rich and significant connections, we encourage both qualitative and quantitative scholarship and pedagogy that showcases and advances our understanding of the production, reception, contexts, or processes of human communication regarding environmental issues. Many members of the division also belong to the International Environmental Communication Association (http://theieca.org/) in order to participate in an international cadre of researchers and practitioners.
- President: Kundai Chirindo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vice-President & Program Planner: Carlos Tarin (email@example.com)
- Vice-President Elect: Danielle Endres (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Immediate Past President: Phaedra Pezzullo & Awards Committee Chair (Phaedra.Pezzullo@Colorado.edu)
- Secretary & Nominating Committee Chair: Urooj Raja (email@example.com)
- Publications: Emma Bloomfield (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Teaching Committee Chair: José Castro-Sotomayor (email@example.com)
- Sustainability Committee Chair: Arla Bernstein (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Student Committee Representative: Sarah Derrick (email@example.com)
Official count taken each January.
108th Annual Convention -- New Orleans, LA -- Nov. 17 - 20, 2022
- ECD Call --Deadline: Thu, 3/31 2022 3:00 AM EDT
Business Meeting Minutes
Interest Group Election