The Environmental Communication Division is a multidisciplinary effort to support a broad audience of academics, professionals, and practitioners in the sharing and building of theoretical, critical, and applied scholarship addressing environmental communication in a variety of contexts. We believe all communication involves an environmental dimension, because symbolic and natural systems are mutually constituted. Humans are one part of the broader ecosystems and cultures we inhabit, both shaping and shaped by our corporeal, intellectual, spiritual, emotional, and physical alienation from and proximity to those spaces and communities.To explore these rich and significant connections, we encourage both qualitative and quantitative scholarship and pedagogy that showcases and advances our understanding of the production, reception, contexts, or processes of human communication regarding environmental issues. Many members of the division also belong to the International Environmental Communication Association (http://theieca.org/) in order to participate in an international cadre of researchers and practitioners.
- President: Phaedra Pezzullo, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Vice-President: Kundai Chirindo, Lewis & Clark College
- Vice-President Elect: Carlos Tarin, University of Texas at El Paso
- Immediate Past President: Kathleen Hunt, SUNY New Paltz
- Secretary: Rahul Mitra, Wayne State University
- Publications Director: Emma Frances Bloomfield, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Teaching Committee Chair: José Castro-Sotomayor, California State University Channel Islands
- Sustainability Committee Chair: Arla Bernstein, Mercer University
- Student Representative Chair: Taylor Johnson, University of Utah
- Kundai Chirindo
- Carlos Tarin
107th Annual Convention -- Seattle, Washington -- November 18-21, 2021
- ECD Call -- Deadline March 31, 11:59 p.m. PST.
Business Meeting Minutes
Interest Group Election