La Raza Caucus, in conjunction with the Latino/Latina Communication Studies Division, fosters the study of communication issues and their attendant intersections with matters of concern for Latino/Latina communities throughout the Americas. The caucus embraces an intersectional approach to identity that considers the ways race, ethnicity, class, gender, nation, and sexuality converge to shape Latino/Latina experiences. Members of the division and caucus embrace a variety of methodological perspectives, including critical, qualitative, and quantitative. The goals of the caucus are educational advocacy, networking, recruitment and retention, and cultural promotion.
- Chair: Jose Angel Maldonado
- Vice Chair: Raisa Alvarado Uchima
- Vice Chair-Elect: Carlos Tarin
- Immediate Past Chair: Sarah De los Santos Upton
- Secretary: Diana Leon-Boys
- Carlos Tarin
107th Annual Convention -- Seattle, Washington -- November 18-21, 2021
- LRC Call -- Deadline March 31, 11:59 p.m. PST.
Business Meeting Minutes
Interest Group Election