Members of the Instructional Developmental Division specialize in exploring how practices of communication intersect with practices of teaching and learning at various stages in learners’ lives. Using multiple methods and theories, scholars in our division seek to use instructional settings, defined broadly, as a vehicle for understanding communication processes, behaviors, and outcomes. Simultaneously, scholars in our division seek to use scholarly dialogue about communication to better understand fundamental processes involved in teaching and learning. Conference panels sponsored by the division tend to emphasize dialogue over original research exploring instructional communication topical discussions of interest to its members. The division highlights excellence in scholarship through awards for the top paper, top panel, and top student paper.
- Chair – Candice Thomas-Maddox (Ohio University-Lancaster)
- Vice-Chair – Suzanne Prentiss (University of Tennessee – Knoxville)
- Vice-Chair Elect – Jordan Atkinson (Missouri Western State University)
- Immediate Past Chair – Zachary Goldman (University of Louisville)
- Secretary – Caroline Waldbuesser (Sam Houston State University)
- Nominating Committee - Tiffany Wang (Chair – University of Montevallo), Kerry Byrnes-Loinette (Collin College), and Trevor Kauer (University of Nebraska-Lincoln)
- Graduate Student Representative - Lionnell “Badu” Smith (University of Memphis)
- Zachary Goldman
- Candice Thomas-Maddox
Official count taken each January.
108th Annual Convention -- New Orleans, LA -- Nov. 17 - 20, 2022
- IDD Call -- Deadline: Thu, 3/31 2022 3:00 AM EDT
Business Meeting Minutes
Interest Group Election