The Human Communication and Technology division (HCTD) of NCA promotes the research and study of the intersection between human communication and technology. The division is concerned with the broad spectrum of issues relevant to the field of human communication and technology. Membership is open to all NCA members in good standing who express interest in technology and communication and register affiliation with the NCA national office. HCTD welcomes both quantitative and qualitative work that focuses on different areas of connection to, interaction with, and development of technology as a phenomena of human communication.
- Chair – Erin Sumner, Trinity University
- Vice Chair & 2022 Convention Planner – Natalie Pennington, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Vice-Chair Elect & 2023 Convention Planner – Narissra Punyanunt-Carter, Texas Tech University
- Secretary – Samantha Quinn, Park University
- Information Officer – Amber Ferris, University of Akron
- Graduate Student Representative – America Edwards, University of California, Santa-Barbara
- Immediate Past Chair – Erin Ruppel, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Erin Ruppel
- Erin Sumner
- Natalie Pennington
Official count taken each January.
108th Annual Convention -- New Orleans, LA -- Nov. 17 - 20, 2022
- HCTD Call -- Deadline: Thu, 3/31 2022 3:00 AM EDTDeadline: Thu, 3/31 2022 3:00 AM EDT
Business Meeting Minutes
Interest Group Election