The Game Studies (GS) Division promotes the scholarly examination of all aspects of gaming in relation to contemporary communication and culture. Although the division's core focus is digital games, its membership comprises a broad spectrum of related research topics and methodologies. GS supports the synthesis of social, psychological, cultural, aesthetic, ludic, narrative, philosophical, practical, logical, technological, and industrial dimensions of games and gaming. The division's mission is to foster this study through communication lenses, to provide a forum for presenting and discussing this work, and to catalyze collaboration among games scholars within NCA and beyond.
- Immediate Past Chair: Emory Daniel
- Chair: Shane Tilton
- Vice Chair: Sky LaRell Anderson
- Vice Chair Elect: Courteney Smith
- Secretary: Arienne Ferchaud
- Graduate Student Representative: Ailea Merriam-Pigg
- Publications/Web editor: Tyler Pham
- Biography Committee Chair: Stephanie Orme
- Shane Tilton
- Sky LaRell Anderson
Official count taken each January.
108th Annual Convention -- New Orleans, LA -- Nov. 17 - 20, 2022
- GSD Call -- Deadline: Thu, 3/31 2022 3:00 AM EDT
Business Meeting Minutes
Interest Group Election