The Game Studies (GS) Division promotes the scholarly examination of all aspects of gaming in relation to contemporary communication and culture. Although the division's core focus is digital games, its membership comprises a broad spectrum of related research topics and methodologies. GS supports the synthesis of social, psychological, cultural, aesthetic, ludic, narrative, philosophical, practical, logical, technological, and industrial dimensions of games and gaming. The division's mission is to foster this study through communication lenses, to provide a forum for presenting and discussing this work, and to catalyze collaboration among games scholars within NCA and beyond.
Visit the division's Facebook page
- Chair: Sky LaRell Anderson, University of St. Thomas
- Vice Chair: Courtney Smith
- Vice Chair Elect: Ailea Merriam-Pigg, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Secretary: Erika Solis, Pennsylvania State University
- Graduate Student Representative: Michelle Leccese, University of Southern California
- Publications/Web editor: Madison Wilson
2023 NCA Positions
- Legislative Assembly
- Sky LaRell Anderson
- Courteney Smith
- Nominating Committee
- Shane Tilton
*Official count taken each January.
109th Annual Convention -- National Harbor, MD -- November 16 - 19, 2023.
- OSD Call -- Deadline: Thursday, March 29, 2023 at 11:59 PM Pacific.
Business Meeting Minutes
Interest Group Election