If a unit call for submissions requires an unidentifiable copy of your paper, extended abstract, or any supporting documents please be sure to remove all identifying information. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of your submission.
- Remove author(s) identifying information such as the title page or personal references.
- Remove author(s) identifying information from the title of the document.
- Remove authors identifying information from the document properties.
- For Microsoft Word (2003), click on “Properties” under the “File” menu and type over any author/company information in the document properties.
- For Word 2007, click on the “Office Button” in the upper-left corner of the window, select “Prepare,” then “Inspect Document” and make sure “Document Properties and Personal Information” is selected for inspection; complete removal.
- For Word 2016, click on the "file" tab in the upper-left corner of the window, click the "Check for Issues" button, then select "Inspect Document" from the drop down menu and make sure "Document Properties and Personal Information" is selected for inspection; complete removal.
- For Adobe Acrobat, select “Examine Document” in the “Document” menu, be sure “Metadata” is checked and then “Remove All Checked Items.
- For all software, re-save the file and confirm that the document properties have been updated to remove any author(s) information before uploading.
- Before finalizing your submission, preview your submission to make sure all information is correct.