The Basic Course Division of NCA promotes the teaching, study, research, assessment, and administration of communication in basic course settings. Focusing on teaching fundamental communication skills and theory to undergraduate students, the division is concerned with a broad spectrum of issues relevant to the maintenance and development of quality basic courses to benefit students, scholars, and the discipline. The division emphasizes both qualitative and quantitative approaches to scholarly work in basic course teaching and administration. To subscribe to the Basic Course Division listserv, send an email to Sam Wallace at email@example.com and ask to be placed on the basic course list-serv.
- Chair: Stevie Munz
- Vice Chair: Jessica Welch
- Vice Chair-Elect: Nick Tatum
- Immediate Past Chair: Lindsey Anderson
- Secretary: Jenny Keohane
IDEA Special Committee
- Drs. Kristina Ruiz Mesa
- Stevie M. Munz, and Sergio F. Juáre
- Joshua Westwick
- Stevie Munz
- Lindsey Anderson
*Official membership count is taken every January.
108th Annual Convention -- New Orleans, LA -- Nov. 17 - 20, 2022.
- BCD Call -- Deadline: Thu, 3/31 2022 3:00 AM EDT
- Distinguished Article Award- due by Monday, August 1, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific)
- Don Yoder Distinguished Faculty Award- due by Monday, August 1, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific)
- Program of Excellence Award- due by Monday, August 1, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific)
- Textbook of Distinction Award- due by Monday, August 1, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific)
Business Meeting Minutes
Interest Group Election