The Latina/o Communication Studies Division, in conjunction with La Raza Caucus, fosters the study of communication issues and their attendant intersections with matters of concern for Latina/o communities throughout the Americas. The division embraces an intersectional approach to identity that considers the ways race, ethnicity, class, gender, nation, and sexuality converge to shape Latina/o experiences. Members of the division and caucus embrace a variety of methodological perspectives, including critical, qualitative, and quantitative. The goals of the division are educational advocacy, networking, recruitment and retention, and cultural promotion.
- Chair: Jose Angel Maldonado
- Vice Chair: Raisa Alvarado Uchima
- Vice Chair-Elect: Carlos Tarin
- Immediate Past Chair: Sarah De los Santos Upton
- Secretary: Diana Leon-Boys
- Jose Angel Maldonado
- Sarah De los Santos Upton
107th Annual Convention -- Seattle, Washington -- November 18-21, 2021
- LLCSD Call -- Deadline March 31, 11:59 p.m. PST.
Business Meeting Minutes
Interest Group Election