Texas A&M University, Department of Communication
The Department of Communication at Texas A&M University has leading scholars who examine the way that communication transmits information and influences individual and collective behavior as well as the way that communication creates, sustains, and changes culture and communities. Its faculty are engaged in innovative and cutting edge research projects that address critical social issues from a communication perspective in the areas of health communication, organizational communication, rhetoric & public affairs, media, culture & identity, and communication, politics, & policy.
Association of American Universities Member
Carnegie "Doctoral University: Very High Research Activity"
Communication doctorates conferred between 2010-19: 88
Areas of Study
- Health Communication
- Organizational Communication
- Rhetoric & Public Affairs
- Media, Culture, & Identity
- Communication, Politics, & Policy
URAP University Rankings—Language, Communication & Culture
- #199 of 300 World Universities
- Three Letters of Recommendation.
- Official Transcripts from every senior level college/university attended. Transcripts issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by an official English translation.
- Official Test Scores--GRE.
- TOEFL Test of English as a Foreign Language (International applicants only).
- Professor J. Kevin Barge, Ph.D., University of Kansas
- Professor Hart Blanton , Ph.D., Princeton University
- Professor Sandra Braman, Ph.D., University of Minnesota
- Professor Patrick Burkart, Ph.D., University of Texas
- Professor Heidi A. Campbell, Ph.D., University of Edinburgh
- Professor Charles Conrad, Ph.D., University of Kansas
- Professor Timothy Coombs, Ph.D., Purdue University
- Professor Nathan Crick, Ph.D., University of Pittsburgh
- Professor Leroy G. Dorsey, Ph.D., Indiana University
- Associate Professor Tasha N. Dubriwny, Ph.D., University of Georgia
- Associate Professor Johanna Dunaway, Ph.D., Rice University
- Professor Robert K. Goidel, Ph.D., University of Kentucky
- Professor Sherry Holladay, Ph.D., Purdue University
- Associate Professor Antonio La Pastina, Ph.D., University of Texas
- Assistant Professor Jennifer Lueck, Ph.D., University of Minnesota
- Associate Professor Matthew S. May, Ph.D., University of Minnesota
- Associate Professor Jennifer Mercieca, Ph.D., University of Illinois
- Associate Professor Kristan Poirot, Ph.D., University of Georgia
- Professor Srividya Ramasubramanian, Ph.D., The Pennsylvania State University
- Professor Michael T. Stephenson, Ph.D., University of Kentucky
- Professor Richard L. Street, Ph.D., University of Texas
- Associate Professor Randall S. Sumpter, Ph.D., University of Texas
- Associate Professor Lu Tang, Ph.D., University of Southern California
- Associate Professor Cara Wallis, Ph.D., University of Southern California
- Assistant Professor Anna Wielderhold Wolfe, Ph.D., Ohio University
- Professor Peter Yu, J.D., Yeshiva University
NCA Awards to Faculty and Students, 2000-present
- Ecroyd Award for Outstanding Teaching in Higher Education, 2003
- Phillips Award for Distinguished Applied Communication Scholarship, 2016