Kent State University, College of Communication & Information
The integrative doctoral program in the College of Communication and Information at Kent State University provides students with a foundation in communication and information. The curriculum begins with interdisciplinary core courses, and then becomes individually tailored to allow specialization in depth according to each student’s developing areas of expertise and research. This Ph.D. program is a logical extension of the convergence of the communication and information disciplines taking place within the college as well as in the academic, commercial and professional world.
Areas of Study
- Cultural Heritage Informatics
- Global Communication
- Human Information Behavior
- Interpersonal Communication
- Knowledge Organization
- Media, Technology, and Society
URAP University Rankings—Language, Communication & Culture
- #237 of 300 World Universities
Master's degree represented by a CCI discipline or in a discipline related to the applicant's proposed course of study.
- A minimum 3.3 (where A=4.0) graduate GPA (GPA above 3.5 strongly recommended).
- TOEFL (Minimum score of 590 or equivalent for International Students).
- Three letters of recommendation from those in a position to evaluate graduate academic performance and potential.
- Statement of purpose.
- Scholarly writing sample (published paper, major term paper, thesis chapter, etc.).
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- Assistant Professor Aaron Bacue, Ph.D., University of Arizona
- Assistant Professor Michael Beam, Ph.D., Ohio State University
- Assistant Professor Laurie Bentley, M.A., Kent State University
- Assistant Professor Ginger Bihn-Coss, Ph.D., Bowling Green State University
- Associate Professor Bei Cai, Ph.D., Bowling Green State University
- Associate Professor Jeffrey T. Child, Ph.D., North Dakota State University
- Assistant Professor Cristin Compton, Ph.D., University of Missouri
- Associate Professor Suzy D'Enbeau, Ph.D., Purdue University
- Assistant Professor Patrick Dillon, Ph.D., University of South Florida
- Professor Nichole L. Egbert, Ph.D., University of Georgia
- Associate Professor Catherine Goodall, Ph.D., Ohio State University
- Professor Elizabeth Graham, Ph.D., Kent State University
- Professor Paul Haridakis, Ph.D., Kent State University
- Associate Professor Erin Hollenbaugh, Ph.D., Kent State University
- Assistant Professor Yesim Kaptan, Ph.D., Indiana University
- Associate Professor Mei-Chen Lin, Ph.D., University of Kansas
- Assistant Professor Jennifer L. McCullough, Ph.D., Ohio State University
- Associate Professor Janet Meyer, Ph.D., University of Michigan
- Assistant Professor James Ponder, Ph.D., Kent State University
- Assistant Professor Rekha Sharma, Ph.D., Kent State University
- Assistant Professor Stephanie D. Smith, M.P.A., Harvard University
- Assistant Professor Paul Sommer, Ph.D., Texas A&M University
- Assistant Professor Ikram Toumi, Ph.D., University of Texas
- Associate Professor David Trebing, Ph.D., Kent State University
- Assistant Professor Tewodros Workneh, Ph.D., University of Oregon