Application Deadline: September 15, 2023
109th Annual Convention | November 16-19, 2023 | Gaylord National Harbor
Schools/companies wishing to hold meetings/events in conjunction with the NCA Annual Convention must submit the Meeting Space Request form online. This form should not be used for evening reception requests. Please complete one application for each function planned. A limited number of meeting rooms are available and will be reserved on a first-come, first-paid basis. All requests must be approved by NCA.
The last day to apply for space is September 15. After this date, you are still able to submit requests and staff will accommodate, if possible. Available space is assigned on a first come, first paid basis.
Meeting room assignments will be confirmed 8 weeks before the convention. The confirmations will include instructions for arranging AV, room sets, and catering, as applicable.
Room Rental Fee (per room per day):
- $250 – NCA Departmental Members*/Convention Advertisers, Exhibitors, Sponsors
- $300 – All other schools/companies
Payment must be remitted immediately upon receiving the invoice. NCA will not assign space to schools/companies until payment has been received.
After Your Space is Assigned
- Event and Space Confirmation: A NCA staff member will contact you to confirm your event space and connect you with the venue. You must contract with the assigned venue and make payments by the deadline indicated in the space confirmation message; otherwise, your meeting is subject to cancellation. Food and beverage minimums may apply.
- Audio Visual: In most cases, NCA will provide a projector and screen, not to exceed NCA inventory.
- Event Promotion: Your event will not be included in our schedule.
- Cancellations: Room rental fees are non-refundable. Cancellation requests must be received in writing to email@example.com. All approved groups are to contract event space directly with the venue and responsible for finalizing all arrangements directly with the venue. Any penalty incurred between the group and the venue is the responsibility of the group. NCA accepts no responsibility for the event(s).
Meeting Space Request Policy
- The meeting/event approval process can take up to 30 business days from the submission date. Space assignments will begin once final conference programming has been completed. Meeting space requests are limited to two and ½ hour increments.
- Applicants may conduct meetings/events during the Annual Convention except during the non-compete times listed below. Meeting space requests are limited to two and ½ hour increments.
- Thursday, November 16 – 5:00-6:15 PM
- Friday, November 17 – 5:00-6:15 PM
- Saturday, November 18 – 12:30-1:45 PM, 5:00-6:15 PM
Once your request has been received, you will receive an invoice for the room rental fee, which is due immediately upon receipt. Once your meeting/event has been reviewed, you will receive an email notification confirming your meeting/event. The Gaylord will not reserve meeting rooms/function space for ancillary meetings for any individuals/organizations during the annual convention without prior approval from NCA. NCA reserves the right to decline approval of any ancillary meeting or event request.
Submit Event Details and Room Rental Fee: A Meeting Space Request form and non-refundable room rental fee must be submitted for the event you plan to host during the Annual Convention.
Hotel Coordination and Payment: The venue may require a separate contract for your event space. You will work with the venue to order catering and any additional audiovisual needs you may have. Billing arrangements will be made between you and the venue per the venue’s policies.
Joint Events: You may host a joint event with another school/company; however, one person/organization must serve as the primary host and the other(s) co-hosts. The primary host will receive all event correspondence and will be responsible for disseminating to co-hosts.
Please submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Department membership must be current through December 1, 2023, to receive department members rate.