Members of the Communication as Social Construction (CASC) Division are committed to promoting conversation and community among scholars whose work advances the idea that communication creates and recreates social worlds through interaction. CASC scholars acknowledge communication processes as central to academic inquiry and practice with recognition of the transformative potential of communication teaching and research. The division is interested in topics related to social constructions of identity and relationships, discord and transformative conflict, and social constructions of the contexts we live in today. Examples of socially constructed contexts to examine may include relationships, media, technology, health, and organizations, the classroom, and culture. We welcome a variety of methodological approaches and submission types such as individual papers or panel discussions. We also acknowledge achievements in excellence by awarding top paper awards in our division. For more information please visit our Facebook page at Communication as Social Construction (NCA).
- Chair: Natasha Rascon, PhD (Indiana State University)
- Vice Chair: Sally Hastings, PhD (University of Central Florida)
- Vice Chair-Elect: Jake Watson (Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis)
- Immediate Past Chair: Rodger Johnson (Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis)
- Secretary: Kara Laskowski, PhD (Shippensburg University)
- Treasurer: Jacob Valov (University of Wisconsin)
- Web Manager: Rodger Johnson (Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis)
- Natasha Rascon, PhD (Indiana State University)
- Rodger Johnson (Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis)
Official count taken each January.
108th Annual Convention -- New Orleans, LA -- Nov. 17 - 20, 2022
- CSDC Call -- Deadline: Thu, 3/31 2022 3:00 AM EDT.
- CASC Top Paper and Top Student Paper Awards- Deadline Thursday March 31st, 2022, 11:59pm
Business Meeting Minutes
Interest Group Election