Welcome to the NCA Communication and Sport Division page.
The Communication and Sport Division welcomes all scholarly, pedagogical, and service-related endeavors pertaining to connections between communication practices and their relationship to sport and all it encompasses. Topics include (but are not limited to) relationships between communication and the discourses surrounding sport, the mediation of sport, the traditions unfolding within sport, the organization of sport, the production of sport, the identity-oriented relationships facilitated and/or impeded by sport, the construction of community in sport, and the power relationships within the practice of sport. Work from all epistemological, theoretical, and methodological traditions fit within the parameters of the divisional aims and scope.
- Chair - Travis Bell, University of South Florida
- Vice-Chair - Gregory Cranmer, Clemson University
- Vice-Chair Elect - Julie Richmond, Rowan University
- Immediate Past Chair - James Angelini, University of Delaware
- Secretary - Rikiski Rey, Chapman University
- Communication Director - Edwin Lee, University of Alabama
- IDEA Chair - Yannick Kluch, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Graduate Student Representative - James Bingaman, University of Delaware
- Travis Bell
- Gregory Cranmer
Official count taken each January.
108th Annual Convention -- New Orleans, LA -- Nov. 17 - 20, 2022
- CSD Call -- Deadline: Thu, 3/31 2022 3:00 AM EDT
- CSD Award Call – Deadline July 1st!
Business Meeting Agenda
Business Meeting Minutes
Interest Group Election