The Nominating Committee, chaired by Lynn Turner, and the Committee on Committees, chaired by Stephen Hartnett, have developed a full slate of candidates for the 2019 NCA election. Members will be asked to elect a Second Vice President and At-Large Representatives to the Legislative Assembly, the Committee on Committees, and the Nominating Committee. Members will have an opportunity to meet the candidates for Second Vice President during the NCA Annual Convention on Friday, November 9, at 11 a.m., in room 155D (Level 1) of the Salt Palace Convention Center.
Balloting for the election will open on Tuesday, January 8, 2019, and will close on Tuesday, February 13, 2019, at 5 p.m. EST. All individual members of NCA as of January 8, 2019, are eligible to vote in the regular election. If you are eligible to vote and do not receive an electronic ballot on Tuesday, January 8, or if you would like to request a paper ballot, please contact NCA’s National Office at 202-464-4622 or email@example.com.
Please note the ballot will be coming from “NCA Election Coordinator" (firstname.lastname@example.org). To help ensure you receive your electronic ballot, please ensure that your spam filter allows this email to get to your inbox by adding the email address to your address book.
2019 NCA Election Ballot
Second Vice President
One will be elected for a term beginning in January 2020
- Roseann Mandziuk, Texas State University
- Narissra Punyanunt-Carter, Texas Tech University
Committee on Committees (At-Large Members)
Two will be elected to serve two-year terms beginning in January 2020.
- Sumana Chattopadhyay, Marquette University
- Stephen M. Croucher, Massey University
- Erin M. Reser, Rocky Mountain College
- Lijiang Shen, Penn State University
- Matthew Weber, Rutgers University
Legislative Assembly (At-Large Members)
Three will be elected to serve three-year terms beginning in January 2020.
- Amy Aldridge Sanford, Texas A&M University, Corpus Christi
- Mary Beth Asbury, Middle Tennessee State University
- Dennis Becker, Speech Improvement Company
- Sarah Riforgiate, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
- Shavonne Shorter, Bloomsburg University
- Eric Waters, Marquette University
Nominating Committee (At-Large Members)
Four candidates will be elected to serve a one-year term beginning in January 2020.
- Slate to be determined by the 2018 Committee on Committees in November 2018