2014 NCA Award Winners
Donald H. Ecroyd Award for Outstanding Teaching in Higher Education
- Jonathan M. Bowman, University of San Diego
Marcella E. Oberle Award for Outstanding Teaching in Grades K-12
- Natalie Weber
Michael and Suzanne Osborn Community College Outstanding Educator Award
- Nancy J. Willets, Cape Cod Community College
Wallace A. Bacon Lifetime Teaching Excellence Award
- Donn W. Parson
Bernard J. Brommel Award for Outstanding Scholarship or Distinguished Service in Family Communication
- Lynn H. Turner, Marquette University
- Richard West, Emerson College
Charles H. Woolbert Research Award
- Carolyn Ellis & Arthur P. Bochner, "Autoethnography, Personal Narrative, Reflexivity: Researcher as Subject." In Handbook of Qualitative Research, edited by Norman B. Denzin & Yvonna S. Lincoln (Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage, 2000), 733-768.
Diamond Anniversary Book Award
- Jennifer L. Bevan, The Communication of Jealousy (Peter Lang, 2013)
- Kelly E. Happe, The Material Gene: Gender, Race, and Heredity after the Human Genome Project (New York University Press, 2013)
Donald P. Cushman Memorial Award
- Kathleen M. de Onis, Indiana University, "Toxic Coloniality: Extracting Natural Gas Industry Rhetoric and Resisting its Appeals"
Douglas W. Ehninger Distinguished Rhetorical Scholar Award
- John Louis Lucaites
Franklyn S. Haiman Award for Distinguished Scholarship in Freedom of Expression
- Samuel McCormick, Letters to Power: Public Advocacy without Public Intellectuals (Penn State University Press, 2011).
Gerald M. Phillips Award for Distinguished Applied Communication Scholarship
- Mark Hickson III
Gerald R. Miller Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Awards
- Roi Estlein, Rutgers University. "Manifestations of Responsiveness and Control in Husbands' and Wives' Marital and Parental Communication," (Jennifer A. Theiss, advisor).
- Adam S. Richards, University of Maryland. "Survival of the Persuasible: An Evolutionary Approach to Interpersonal Influence," (Dale Hample, advisor).
- Kimberly Alecia Singletary, Northwestern University. "Blackness Personified: Images of U.S. Blackness in Contemporary German Public Culture," (Angela Ray, advisor).
- James A. Winans-Herbert A. Wichelns Memorial Award for Distinguished Scholarship in Rhetoric and Public Address
- Kristina Horn Sheeler & Karrin Vasby Anderson, Woman President: Confronting Postfeminist Political Culture (Texas A&M University Press, 2013).
James L. Golden Outstanding Student Essay in Rhetoric Award
- Donovan Bisbee, University of Illinois
Karl R. Wallace Memorial Award
- Isaac West
Leslie Irene Coger Award for Distinguished Performance
- Tami Spry
Lilla A. Heston Award for Outstanding Scholarship in Interpretation and Performance Studies
- D. Soyini Madison
Mark L. Knapp Award in Interpersonal Communication
- Leslie A. Baxter
Stephen E. Lucas Debut Publication Award
- Rohini S. Singh, "It's about Time: Reading U.S.-India Cold War Perceptions through News Coverage of India," Western Journal of Communication 78 (2014): 522-544.
Robert J. Kibler Memorial Award
- Larry Schnoor
Samuel L. Becker Distinguished Service Award
- Don M. Boileau