The following links are intended to help Communication educators find additional resources that will assist them with their work in the classroom
- The Voices of Democracy project is designed to promote the study of great speeches and public debates. The emphasis of the project is on the actual words of those who, throughout American history, have defined the country's guiding principles, debated the great social and political controversies of the nation's history, and shaped the identity and character of the American people.
- Run by the California State University system, MERLOT is a leading-edge, user-centered, searchable collection of peer-reviewed and selected higher education, online learning materials, catalogued by registered members. It also includes a set of faculty development support services. MERLOT's vision is to be a premier online community where faculty, staff, and students from around the world share their learning materials and pedagogy.
- The National Endowment for the Humanities’ educational website contains lesson plans, assignments, and digital documents that can be adapted and incorporated into various Communication courses.
- The Association of American Colleges and Universities is the premier academic association supporting the liberal arts. Its website provides a wealth of information about teaching, learning, and assessment in the liberal arts.
- Based at Eastern Carolina University, this website provides a good introduction to service learning and several excellent examples of service learning in practice.
- National Service Learning Clearinghouse:
- What is Service Learning? — From Johns Hopkins, with a focus on health.
- Vanderbilt’s page provides models and resources for teaching/pedagogy.
- USC’s page with models (definition from National S-L Clearinghouse).
- Designers for Learning — Service-Learning Resources
- TeachThought - 10 Pros And Cons Of A Flipped Classroom
- Vanderbilt University - Flipping the Classroom
- Educause - Flipped Classroom
- Science Education Resource Center at Carleton College - Game-based Learning
- Association of College and Research Libraries and American Library Association - Tips and Trends: Game-Based Learning
- Gamelearn - What is game-based learning? (Video)
- eLearning Industry - Is Digital Game-Based Learning The Future Of Learning?
- TeachThoughts - 3 Examples Of Game-Based Learning: Actual Stories From The Classroom
- OER Commons - Game-Based Learning
- Central Michigan University - Game-Based Learning
Integrated Course Design
- The IDEA Center - Integrated Course Design
- Northern Illinois University Faculty Development and Instructional Design Center - Integrated Course Design to Improve Student Learning
- L. Dee Fink, PhD - A Self-Directed Guide to Designing Courses for Significant Learning
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Elon University - Center for Engaged Learning
- Indiana University - Vol 19 No 3 (2019): Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning