The Communication, Research, and Theory Network (CRTNET) is an email listserv housed at Penn State University and managed by NCA. NCA does not edit, alter, or block any CRTNET submissions. Subscribers receive daily plain-text emails on the subjects listed below. All subscribers are encouraged to contribute abstracts, calls, articles, announcements, grant opportunities, comments, questions, and discussion on all topics relating to the general area of human communication. Postings are free, except for position announcements.
Subscribe to CRTNET
- Announcement and Queries
- Conferences and Calls
- Position Announcements (Complete online form; instructions below.)
The following applies to submission postings for all posting categories except Position Announcements. See the position announcement section for more detailed submission information.
- Submissions should be sent in the text of an email without unusual fonts or formatting, spacing, PDFs, tables, or attachments.
- Send all submissions except Position Announcements to CRTNET@natcom.org.
- Replies to CRTNET posts should be sent to CRTNET@natcom.org.
- Include the following in your submission:
- The category of announcement you are submitting
- Your name and email (which will be included in the posting)
- A subject line as you would like it to appear on CRTNET
Position announcements are free for NCA departmental members. The fee for non-departmental members is $100 per position vacancy. Payment must be in the form of a credit card.
- Departments may join NCA in lieu of paying the position announcements fee. Click here to view the benefits of Department Membership.
- All position advertisers must submit their position announcements using NCA’s online portal. Please follow the steps below.
- Log in to your account using your department’s contact email address or create an online account.
- Ensure CRTNET Position Announcement is selected and click “Review & Checkout.”
- Fill in all required fields.
- Click “Next.”
- Ensure item price and total are correct (free for department members; $100 for non-members) and confirm email address to receive confirmation. Click “Submit.”
- NCA is not responsible for verifying the accuracy of position announcements.
- Announcements for a position may be posted only once.
Submission and Posting Policies
- Messages may only be posted once.
- The tone of CRTNET is expected to remain professional.
- All postings require a name and email address; anonymous submissions will not be posted.
- Submissions are not edited for content, spelling, or grammar.
- Advertisements will not be posted.
- CRTNET is managed within the NCA National Office and will not be sent out when the office is closed for holidays or the NCA annual convention.
- Submissions are intended for the listserv only, not the NCA website or Spectra.
- The opinions expressed in CRTNET are those of the message author and do not reflect the opinions, views, or official positions of the National Communication Association.
- Contributions to discussions should be the author's original work; commentary that originated on other lists will not be posted on CRTNET.
- Copyright and Permissions:
- Unless indicated in the text of an individual post, material distributed in CRTNET is understood to be available for redistribution by electronic or other means for noncommercial purposes. Requests for permission to reproduce a post for commercial purposes should be directed to the author of that post. Readers who would like to recommend copyrighted material available electronically should submit a short summary of the material along with the URL where the material can be found.