Please note that Renewals and Chapter Applications may be delayed during NCA's 105th Annual Conference in Baltimore. Renewals will be handled in the order which they are recieved upon the office's return on Tuesday, November 19th.
Sigma Chi Eta (SCH) is the official community college honor society of the National Communication Association (NCA). Since 2000, SCH has fostered growth in the Communication discipline among two-year colleges and universities.
Every year, Sigma Chi Eta inducts and rewards new outstanding Communication students while exploring options for community college students to transfer to four-year colleges or universities or enter the workforce. Once inducted, a student is a member for life and is expected to always strive for excellence. It is the hope of SCH and NCA that each member will maintain a relationship with his or her alma mater, faculty, and other students of the discipline.
The Six Goals of Sigma Chi Eta
- Recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement
- Stimulate interest in the field of Communication
- Promote and encourage professional development among Communication majors
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas about the field
- Establish and maintain close relationships and understanding between faculty and students
- Explore options for further undergraduate/graduate studies
Governance and Leadership
2018-2019 National Student Advisory Board
- Racella Lagasca, Mesa Community College
- Jack Jenkins, Santa Barbara City College
- Sarah Kim, Santa Barbara City College
Faculty Advisory Board
- Puvana Ganesan-Chiu, Mesa Community College, 2017-2019
- Blake Wolf, Mesa Community College
- Sarah Hock, Santa Barbara City College