To renew your chapter, login to your NCA account. Select your chapter's greek name (e.g. Purchase for "Alpha Beta"). If you do not see any option to purchase for your chapter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sigma Chi Eta (SCH) is the official community college honor society of the National Communication Association (NCA). Since 2000, SCH has fostered growth in the Communication discipline among two-year colleges and universities.
Every year, Sigma Chi Eta inducts and rewards new outstanding Communication students while exploring options for community college students to transfer to four-year colleges or universities or enter the workforce. Once inducted, a student is a member for life and is expected to always strive for excellence. It is the hope of SCH and NCA that each member will maintain a relationship with his or her alma mater, faculty, and other students of the discipline.
The Six Goals of Sigma Chi Eta
- Recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement
- Stimulate interest in the field of Communication
- Promote and encourage professional development among Communication majors
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas about the field
- Establish and maintain close relationships and understanding between faculty and students
- Explore options for further undergraduate/graduate studies
Governance and Leadership
2020-2021 National Student Advisory Board
- Yoselyn Ramirez, Santa Barbara City College
- Evelyn Bailey, Santa Barbara City College
Faculty Advisory Board
- Betty Clements, Midland College, 2020 - 2022
- Blake Wolf, Mesa Community College, 2019 - 2021
- Sarah Hock, Santa Barbara City College, 2020 - 2023