To renew your chapter, login to your NCA account. Select your chapter's greek name (e.g. Purchase for "Alpha Beta"). If you do not see any option to purchase for your chapter, email email@example.com.
Lambda Pi Eta (LPH) is the National Communication Association’s official honor society at four-year colleges and universities. LPH has more than 500 active chapters at four-year colleges and universities nationwide.
LPH became a part of the National Communication Association in 1988, and the association's official honor society in July 1995. It is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS).
LPH represents what Aristotle described in Rhetoric as three ingredients of persuasion: logos (Lambda), meaning logic; pathos (Pi), relating to emotion; and ethos (Eta), defined as character credibility and ethics.
The Six Goals of Lambda Pi Eta
- Recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in Communication Studies
- Stimulate interest in the field of Communication
- Promote and encourage professional development among Communication majors
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of Communication
- Establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and students
- Explore options for graduate education in Communication Studies
LPH Journal Archives
NCA discontinued publishing the LPH Journal in 2015. We are no longer accepting submissions for this publication.
Governance and Leadership
2020-2021 National Student Advisory Board
- Gabriela Fitzpatrick, University of Scranton
- Zane Landin, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- Joyelle Ronan, Roanoke College
Faculty Advisory Board
- Grace Brannon, University of Texas Arlington, 2020-2022
- Caroline Parsons, The University of Alabama, 2019-2021
- Elizabeth Hatfield, University of Houston Downton, 2020-2022
- Deborah Whitt, Wayne State University, 2019-2021
- Erin Brummet, Bloomsburg University, 2020-2022