Temple University, College of Media & Communication
The media & communication doctoral program at Temple University is an interdisciplinary program based in the School of Media and Communication. Temple's faculty and students conduct communication research on a wide range of topics, especially in the areas of globalization, new media, cultural studies, and media effects. The award-winning faculty members, drawn from all four academic departments in the School, are active scholars with international reputations. Temple's students regularly present their research at communication and other conferences, publish their work in respected journals, and win national awards for graduate-student teaching.
Areas of Study
- New Media
- Cultural Studies
- Media Effects
QS World University Rankings—Communication & Media Studies
- #151-200 of 200 World Universities
URAP University Rankings—Language, Communication & Culture
- #126 of 300 World Universities
- The applicant’s previous degree preparations and grade point averages.
- Performance on the Graduate Record Examinations (GREs).
- Letters of recommendation.
- Honors and scholarly achievements.
- Very importantly, the convergence of the applicant’s abilities and research interests with those of available faculty mentors.
- Assistant Professor Jennifer Ball, Ph.D., University of Texas
- Professor Geoffrey Baym, Ph.D., University Utah
- Professor Deborah A. Cai, Ph.D., Michigan State University
- Assistant Professor Jessica Castonguay, Ph.D., University of Arizona
- Assistant Professor Brian Creech, Ph.D., University of Georgia
- Professor Fabienne Darling-Wolf, Ph.D., University of Iowa
- Associate Professor Jan Fernback, Ph.D., University of Colorado
- Professor Edward L. Fink, Ph.D., University of Wisconsin
- Assistant Professor Bruce W. Hardy, Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania
- Professor R. Lance Holbert, Ph.D., University of Wisconsin
- Professor Tom Jacobson, Ph.D., University of Washington
- Professor Tricia S. Jones, Ph.D., Ohio State University
- Professor Carolyn Kitch, Ph.D., Temple University
- Assistant Professor Lauren Kogen, Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania
- Assistant Professor Magda Konieczna, Ph.D., University of Wisconsin
- Associate Professor Heather LaMarre, Ph.D., Ohio State University
- Associate Professor Matthew Lombard, Ph.D., Stanford University
- Assistant Professor Larisa Mann, Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley
- Associate Professor Michael Maynard, Ph.D., Rutgers University
- Assistant Professor Logan Molyneux, Ph.D., University of Texas
- Professor Nancy Morris, Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania
- Associate Professor Patrick Murphy, Ph.D., Ohio University
- Assistant Professor Wazhmah Osman, Ph.D., New York University
- Associate Professor Hector Postigo, Ph.D., Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Associate Professor Devon Powers, Ph.D., New York University
- Professor Cornelius Pratt, Ph.D., University of Minnesota
- Professor Clemencia Rodríguez, Ph.D., Ohio University
- Assistant Professor Adrienne Shaw, Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania
- Assistant Professor Andrea Wenzel, Ph.D., University of Southern California
NCA Awards Received by Faculty and Students, 2000-present
- Cushman Memorial Award, 2015