- Access to all convention sessions
- Access to all convention-wide receptions and events
- Access to the Exhibit Hall, NCA Career Center, and Graduate School Open House
- Convention Program
- The opportunity of a lifetime to network with past, present, and future colleagues
To receive the member rate, membership must be current through December 1, 2021. If you have not renewed your NCA membership for 2021, or you are a new member, you must join/renew your membership in a separate transaction before registering for the convention.
If your membership is current through December 1, 2021, you are a NCA Life Member, and NCA Retired Member, or you wish to register as a non-member, click the button below.
Early Bird Registration
(applies to all registrations received October 2 - November 14)
(applies to all registrations received after November 14)
|NCA Member Rate*||$185||$230||$275|
|Student NCA Member Rate*||$85||$130||$175|
|Life/Retired Member||Life and Retired Members must register for the convention even though there is no fee.||Life and Retired Members must register for the convention even though there is no fee.||Life and Retired Members must register for the convention even though there is no fee.|
*To qualify for the member registration rate, your membership must be current past December 1, 2021.
**Persons wishing to register at the non-member rate MUST create a web user account (if they have not already) before registering online. To create an account, click here and follow the instructions for joining as an Individual Member. After creating and saving your profile, return to registration to register as a non-member.
- Short Courses are educational or “how-to” courses designed to give attendees skills or knowledge to take back to their institution and implement. Short Courses are held throughout the convention schedule. A list of Short Courses offered will be posted to NCA Convention Central in July. Select Search Program and enter Short Courses as the sponsor. The fee to register for a short course for Regular members and Non-members is $20 per course; $10 per course for student NCA members.
- Guest Speaker Registration: Attendees who are invited to participate in a session based on their expertise in an area outside of the discipline may receive a complimentary registration. Guest speakers are people who would not normally attend the convention, and are not nor ever have been members of NCA. Guest Speakers must complete and submit the Guest Speaker Request Form by October 11, 2021.
- K-12 Educators Pass: Active K-12 educators will receive free registration. Attendees must register onsite at the NCA Registration Area and show a valid school ID. Please note, the NCA registration area is not open on Sunday.
- Friends and Family: Spouses, partners, family members or friends - who are outside of the discipline - are welcome at the convention and may register for a flat rate of $50. The Friends and Family registration grants access to all areas, sessions, and events at the convention. This registration type does not apply to individuals who are in the discipline, who are or have been members of NCA, or who are on the convention program. Friends and family must register onsite in the NCA Registration Area.
- Purchase orders are not accepted as payment.
- Registrations received, postmarked, or faxed after a posted deadline will be processed at the next rate.
- A $25 fee will be assessed for returned checks.
- Refunds will be issued for registration fees (less $25 processing fee) if requested in writing (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org) by October 29, 2021.
By registering for the convention you are agreeing to the Convention Anti-Harassment Code of Conduct.
The National Communication Association is committed to creating and supporting inclusive, diverse, and equitable communities of practice. We strive to be a welcoming organization and recognize the value of discourse and dialogue. Together, NCA members study all forms, modes, media, and consequences of communication through humanistic, social scientific, and aesthetic inquiry. We are at our collective best when a wide and diverse array of people, experiences, and ideas, come together. We therefore expect participants at the NCA convention to help create thoughtful and respectful environments where such interactions can take place.
NCA is dedicated to facilitating experiences that are free from all forms of harassment and are inclusive of all people.
Harassment can include use of sexual and/or discriminatory language, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, bullying behavior, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Importantly, certain situations and circumstances escalate harassing behavior and/or language including power imbalances (e.g., graduate student/mentor, during an interview, etc.) and social events that may or may not involve alcohol consumption.
Some behaviors are specifically prohibited at the NCA convention:
- Harassment or intimidation based on, but not limited to: ability(ies), age, appearance, body size, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, immigration status, language, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or other group status.
- Sexual harassment or intimidation, including unwanted sexual attention, stalking (physical or virtual), or non-consensual physical contact.
This policy is not intended to constrain responsible scholarly, artistic, or professional discourse and debate.
By registering for the NCA Annual Convention, I assent to and agree to abide by this code of conduct. I understand that if I violate this code of conduct, I may be asked to leave the convention. Information on how to report violations and a list of resources available to convention participants can be found at the convention registration desk and information booths throughout the convention site.
By registering for the convention you are agreeing to the Policy Governing the Recording of Convention Sessions and/or Events. The recording, rebroadcasting or reproducing of any NCA convention session or event is prohibited without the approval of NCA. Any presenter of a session or event recorded by NCA will be notified ahead of time and asked to complete a release form.
By register for the convention you are agreeing to the Policy Governing Photography and Filming. During the course of this conference, I acknowledge that I may have my voice, likeness and/or actions captured in photograph, video and/or audio recordings. As a condition of my attendance at this conference, I agree to grant NCA the right to video, photograph, record, and use in all media my image, likeness, voice, name and actions in audio and video recordings and photographs prepared by and/or disseminated by NCA.