Purpose of the Award
This award, named in honor of Thomas L. Veenendall, recognizes the advisor that, like Dr. Veenendall, has dedicated his/her time, energy, and service to the student members of their Lambda Pi Eta chapter. Dr. Veenendall was a gentlemen and a scholar, respected in the field, and played a key role in the advancement of Lambda Pi Eta as a national honorary for Communication undergraduates.
Goals of Lambda Pi Eta
1. Recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in Communication Studies
2. Stimulate interest in the field of Communication
3. Promote and encourage professional development among Communication majors
4. Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of Communication
5. Establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and students
6. Explore options for graduate education in Communication Studies
The advisor that has best provided guidance and has manifested the goals of Lambda Pi Eta will be bestowed the honor of Advisor of the Year. The advisor honored with this distinction in turn serves as an example to the other advisors throughout the United States.
All submissions for the Advisor of the Year Award will be collected and distributed by the National Coordinator. The nominations shall be reviewed by the members of the Faculty Advisory Board and the National Student Advisory Board. The National Coordinator of Lambda Pi Eta will serve as a tie-breaking vote if necessary.
1. Self-nominations and nominations by others are accepted.
2. The nominations shall be submitted on the Advisor of the Year Form, available online below or via PDF.
3. Nominations are to be emailed to NCA by April 1st.
4. Nominations will be forwarded to the Faculty Advisory Board members for consideration.
5. There may be more than one winner selected each academic year.
Granting of the Award
1. The award winner(s) will be notified preceding the NCA Annual Convention.
2. The award, in the form of a plaque, will be presented at the Lambda Pi Eta awards ceremony at the NCA Annual Convention and announced in Simply Speaking.