Purpose of the Award
This award recognizes the student that has been an exceptional member to his/her Sigma Chi Eta chapter.
Goals of Lambda Pi Eta
1. Recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement
2. Stimulate interest in the field of Communication
3. Promote and encourage professional development among Communication majors
4. Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas about the field
5. Establish and maintain close relationships and understanding between faculty and students
6. Explore options for further undergraduate/graduate studies
The student that has best manifested the goals of Sigma Chi Eta will be bestowed the honor of Student of the Year. The student honored with this distinction in turn serves as an example to the other members throughout the United States.
All submissions for the Student of the Year Award will be collected and distributed by the National Coordinator. The nominations shall be reviewed by the members of the Faculty Advisory Board. The National Coordinator of Sigma Chi Eta will serve as a tie-breaking vote if necessary.
1. Self-nominations and nominations by others are accepted.
2. The nominations shall be submitted on the Student of the Year Form, available online below or via PDF.
3. Nominations are to be submitted to NCA by May 15th.
4. Nominations will be forwarded to the Faculty Advisory Board members for consideration.
Granting of the Award
1. The award winner(s) will be notified preceding the NCA Annual Convention.
2. The award, in the form of a plaque, will be presented at the Sigma Chi Eta awards ceremony at the NCA Annual Convention and announced in COMMunity.