Please note that Renewals and Chapter Applications may be delayed during NCA's 105th Annual Conference in Baltimore. Renewals will be handled in the order which they are recieved upon the office's return on Tuesday, November 19th.
Lambda Pi Eta (LPH) is the National Communication Association’s official honor society at four-year colleges and universities. LPH has more than 500 active chapters at four-year colleges and universities nationwide.
LPH became a part of the National Communication Association in 1988, and the association's official honor society in July 1995. It is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS).
LPH represents what Aristotle described in Rhetoric as three ingredients of persuasion: logos (Lambda), meaning logic; pathos (Pi), relating to emotion; and ethos (Eta), defined as character credibility and ethics.
The Six Goals of Lambda Pi Eta
- Recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in Communication Studies
- Stimulate interest in the field of Communication
- Promote and encourage professional development among Communication majors
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of Communication
- Establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and students
- Explore options for graduate education in Communication Studies
LPH Journal Archives
NCA discontinued publishing the LPH Journal in 2015. We are no longer accepting submissions for this publication.
Governance and Leadership
2018-2019 National Student Advisory Board
- Joshua Johnson, Biola University
- Stephanie Ambrosio, Quinnipiac University
- Alli Kennon, Hastings College
Faculty Advisory Board
- Laura Willis, Quinnipiac University, 2018-2020
- John R. Perlich, Hastings College, 2017-2019
- Karla Hunter, South Dakota State University, 2018-2020
- Tiffany Wang, University of Montevallo, 2017-2019
- Megan McFarlane, Marymount University 2018-2020