NCA’s robust grants program includes the Advancing the Discipline grants, grants funded by the Dale Leathers Fund to Promote Communication Studies in Emerging Democracies, and the new Research Cultivation grants. Advancing the Discipline grants support projects and events that seek to advance the Communication discipline. The Leathers Fund is named for past NCA President Dale Leathers and supports Communication scholarship and teaching that benefit emerging democracies and their peoples. The Research Cultivation grants facilitate first-time grant-seeking for those without prior grant experience and/or those seeking to build a foundation for future grant pursuits.
NCA is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2022 NCA Advancing the Discipline grants, Research Cultivation grants, and Leathers Fund grants.
Advancing the Discipline Grants
- Kami Silk, Emily Pfender, and Ashley Paintsil (University of Delaware)
- Marquese McFerguson (Florida Atlantic University)
- Melissa Meade (Villanova University)
- Michael Strawser (University of Central Florida)
- Ronald L. Jackson II (University of Cincinnati)
- Trevor Setvin, Brooke Bognanni, Kim Hannah-Prater, Robin Zwier, and Steven Zwier (Community College of Baltimore County)
- Yea-Wen Chen (San Diego State University), Brandi J. Lawless (University of San Francisco), and Marwa Abdalla (University of California, San Diego)
Research Cultivation Grants
- Comfort Tosin Adebayo (Towson University)
- Rokeshia Ashley (Florida International University)
- Sayyed Shah (Jacksonville State University)
- Stephanie Tom Tong (Wayne State University) and David DeAndrea (Ohio State University)
Dale Leathers Fund Grant
- Svitlana Jaroszynski (Florida State University) and Maryna Shkuropat (Horlivka State Pedagogical Institute for Foreign Languages)
Learn more about NCA’s grant opportunities here.