- Access to all convention sessions
- Access to all convention-wide receptions and events
- Access to the Exhibit Hall, NCA Career Center, and Graduate School Open House
- Convention Program
- The opportunity of a lifetime to network with past, present, and future colleagues
Early Bird Registration
(applies to all registrations received after September 7)
|NCA Member Rate*||$180||$270|
|Discounted NCA Member Student Rate*||$85||$175|
|Life/Retired Member||Life and Retired Members must register for the convention even though there is no fee.||Life and Retired Members must register for the convention even though there is no fee.|
*To qualify for the member registration rate, your membership must be current past December 1, 2018.
**Persons wishing to register at the non-member rate MUST create a web user account (if they have not already) before registering online. To create an account, click here and follow the instructions for joining as an Individual Member. After creating and saving your profile, return to registration to register as a non-member. Contact Eddie Ortiz, 202-534-1108 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance. Non-member attendees will receive a complimentary six month membership.
- Short Courses are educational or “how-to” courses designed to give attendees skills or knowledge to take back to their institution and implement. Short Courses are held throughout the convention schedule. A list of Short Courses offered will be posted to Convention Central in July. Select Search Program and enter Short Courses as the sponsor. The fee to register for a short course for Regular members and Non-members is $20 per course; $10 per course for Student NCA members.
- Preconferences are half- or full-day sessions held on Wednesday, November 7, 2018, that provide a forum for scholars and educators to meet together to discuss topics of mutual interest related to research, instruction, or applications of communication scholarship. A list of preconferences offered will be posted to Convention Central in July. Select Search Program and enter Preconferences as the sponsor. The fee to register for a Preconference for Regular members and Non-members is $40; $30 for Student NCA members.
- Guest Speaker Registration: Attendees who are invited to participate in a session based on their expertise in an area outside of the discipline may receive a complimentary registration. Guest speakers are people who would not normally attend the convention, and are not nor ever have been members of NCA. Guest Speakers must complete and submit the Guest Speaker Request Form by October 5, 2018.
- K-12 Educators Weekend Pass: Active K-12 educators will receive free registration if attending Saturday and Sunday only. Attendees must be NCA members with a membership current past December 1, 2018. Attendees must register onsite at the NCA Registration Area on Saturday and show a valid school ID. Please note, the NCA registration area is not open on Sunday.
- Friends and Family: Spouses, partners, family members or friends - who are outside of the discipline - are welcome at the convention and may register for a flat rate of $50. The Friends and Family registration grants access to all areas, sessions, and events at the convention. This registration type does not apply to individuals who are in the discipline, who are or have been members of NCA, or who are on the convention program. Friends and family must register onsite at the NCA Registration Area.
- Purchase orders are not accepted as payment.
- Registrations received, postmarked, or faxed after a posted deadline will be processed at the next rate.
- A $25 fee will be assessed for returned checks.
- Refunds will be issued for registration fees (less $25 processing fee) if requested in writing (e-mail email@example.com) by October 19, 2018.
By registering for the convention you are agreeing to the Policy Governing the Recording of Convention Sessions and/or Events. The recording, rebroadcasting or reproducing of any NCA convention session or event is prohibited without the approval of NCA. Any presenter of a session or event recorded by NCA will be notified ahead of time and asked to complete a release form. During the course of this conference, I acknowledge that I may have my voice, likeness and/or actions captured in photograph, video and/or audio recordings. As a condition of my attendance at this conference, I agree to irrevocably grant to the National Communication Association (“NCA”), its assigns, licensees and successors the right to video, photograph, publish, record, broadcast, exhibit, digitize, display, copyright, license, transfer, reproduce, translate, modify, edit or otherwise use perpetually throughout the world, in all media now and hereafter known or devised, in whole or in part, my image, likeness, voice, name and actions in audio and video recordings, photographs and materials prepared by and/or disseminated by NCA.