2005 NCA Award Winners
Donald H. Ecroyd Award for Outstanding Teaching in Higher Education
- Robert C. Rowland, University of Kansas
Marcella E. Oberle Award for Outstanding Teaching in Grades K-12
- Nancy Bordewyk
Michael and Suzanne Osborn Community College Outstanding Educator Award
- No Award Given
Wallace A. Bacon Lifetime Teaching Excellence Award
- Joe Ayres
Bernard J. Brommel Award for Outstanding Scholarship or Distinguished Service in Family Communication
- Arthur P. Bochner, University of South Florida
Charles H. Woolbert Research Award
- Robert Entman, “Framing: Toward Clarification of a Fractured Paradigm,” Journal of Communication 43 (1993): 51-58.
Diamond Anniversary Book Award
- Daniel C. Hallin and Paolo Mancini, Comparing Media Systems: Three Models of Media and Politics. (Cambridge University Press, 2004).
Douglas W. Ehninger Distinguished Rhetorical Scholar Award
- Janice Hocker Rushing
Franklyn S. Haiman Award for Distinguished Scholarship in Freedom of Expression
- Steven P. Brown, Trumping Religion, The New Christian Right, The Free Speech Clause, and the Courts (University of Alabama Press, 2002).
Gerald M. Phillips Award for Distinguished Applied Communication Scholarship
- Philip Palmgreen
Gerald R. Miller Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Awards
- Christina R. Foust, University of North Carolina. “Transgressing Subjects, Rhetorical Mediation, and the Multitude: Towards a Nietzschean Theory of Resistance in Neo-liberal Globalization.” (J. Robert Cox, advisor).
- Dmitri Williams, University of Michigan. “Trouble in River City: The Social Impact of Video Games,” (Susan J. Douglas & W. Russell Neuman, advisors).
James A. Winans-Herbert A. Wichelns Memorial Award for Distinguished Scholarship in Rhetoric and Public Address
- John M. Sloop, Disciplining Gender: Rhetorics of Sex Identity in Contemporary U.S. Culture (University of Massachusetts Press, 2004).
James L. Golden Outstanding Student Essay in Rhetoric Award
- Mary Lynn Veden, University of Washington
Karl R. Wallace Memorial Award
- Alisse Portnoy
Leslie Irene Coger Award for Distinguished Performance
- Paul H. Ferguson
Lilla A. Heston Award for Outstanding Scholarship in Interpretation and Performance Studies
- Shannon Jackson
Robert J. Kibler Memorial Award
- Lois J. Einhorn
Samuel L. Becker Distinguished Service Award
- James L. Gaudino