Table of Contents
- Message from the President
- An Introduction: Fake News
- What Do We Mean by Fake? What Do We Mean by News?, by Katherine G. Fry, Ph.D.
- If It’s Fake, It’s Not News, by Rochelle Riley
- On the Dangers of Fake News and Fake Skepticism, by Steven Alan Carr, Ph.D.
- When Words Lose Their Meaning: Counterfactual Advocacy, Donald Trump, and the Rise of Despotic Populism, by Steven R. Goldzwig, Ph.D.
NCA's award-winning magazine, Spectra, features articles on topics that are relevant to Communication scholars, teachers, and practitioners.
Spectra is one means through which NCA works toward accomplishing its mission of advancing Communication as the discipline that studies all forms, modes, media, and consequences of communication through humanistic, social scientific, and aesthetic inquiry.