Table of Contents
- Message from the President
- An Introduction: The Art and Science of Communicating Science
- Wide Open, Messy Opportunities: On the Art of Science Communication by Laura A. Lindenfeld, Ph.D.
- The Kavli Foundation: Supporting Public Understanding of Scientific Research
- Using the Art and Science of Communication to Address Real-World Problems by Edward Maibach, Ph.D.
- Science, Rhetoric, and the Public Good by Lisa Keränen, Ph.D.
- Promoting Understanding of Science: Examples from the Field by LaKesha N. Anderson, Ph.D.
NCA's award-winning magazine, Spectra, features articles on topics that are relevant to Communication scholars, teachers, and practitioners.
Spectra is one means through which NCA works toward accomplishing its mission of advancing Communication as the discipline that studies all forms, modes, media, and consequences of communication through humanistic, social scientific, and aesthetic inquiry.