Featured NCA Online Resource
NCA’s online Wikipedia Initiative encourages members to add new Communication-related Wikipedia entries and enhance existing ones with more complete and accurate information, and also provides ideas for instructors seeking to incorporate Wikipedia into their Communication classes.
The broad goals of the NCA Wikipedia Initiative (NCAWI) are to:
- Ensure that articles about communication research and theory are accurate, up-to-date, complete and written in a style appropriate for the general public;
- Ensure that articles are based on independent reliable secondary sources;
- Represent communication scholar controversies and consensus fairly, writing articles in a neutral style;
- Improve and review articles to Good Article and Featured Article quality; and
- Assess communication-related articles and tag them appropriately when there are problems.
Learn more about participating in the NCAWI on the NCA website.