University of Oklahoma, Gaylord College of Journalism & Mass Communication
Doctoral candidates at the Gaylord College of Journalism & Mass Communication will find a faculty with a wide range of interests encompassing a variety of approaches and perspectives related to the program’s three concentrations: News and Information, Strategic Communication and Media Arts. The program builds on a record of excellence in preparing master’s students for doctoral study, as evidenced by top-paper awards and paper presentations at national and international academic conferences in recent years.
- News and Information
- Strategic Communication
- Media Arts
- Applicants must complete the appropriate general OU Graduate Application.
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in a mass communication field is preferred.
- Excellent candidates who do not meet all of the requirements will be given careful consideration.
- Retention and graduation standards will be in accordance with OU Graduate College policies.
- Professor Jim Avery, M.B.A., University of Utah
- Professor Fred Beard, Ph.D., University of Oklahoma
- Associate Professor Ralph Beliveau, Ph.D., University of Iowa
- Professor Meta G. Carstarphen, Ph.D., Texas Woman's University
- Professor Deborah Chester, M.A., University of Oklahoma
- Professor David Craig, Ph.D., University of Missouri
- Professor Joe Foote, Ph.D., University of Texas
- Professor Peter Gade, Ph.D., University of Missouri
- Professor Scott Hogdson, M.S., Southern Illinois University
- Assistant Professor Julie Jones, Ph.D., University of Minnesota
- Professor Robert Kerr, Ph.D., University of North Carolina
- Professor Glenn Leshner, Ph.D. Stanford University
- Assistant Professor Jaime Loke, Ph.D., University of Texas
- Associate Professor Elanie Steyn, Ph.D., North-West University, RSA
- Associate Professor Katerina Tsetsura, Ph.D. Purdue University
- Associate Professor Doyle Yoon, Ph.D., University of Missouri