Bowling Green State University, School of Communication
The graduate program of the School of Media and Communication at Bowling Green State University is known for its excellent placement records; its balance in teaching, research, and service; and the diversity of its student body. The key commitment of the SMC faculty is to motivate and educate students to be independent intellectual leaders and professionals.
- Global Communication and Social Change
- Interpersonal Communication
- Media Audiences & Processes
NRC Assessment of Research-Doctorate Programs
- #45 of 83 programs in Research Output
- #7 of 83 programs in Diversity
Allen, et al., 2012
- #42 of 60 programs in Number of Citations
- Top Ten Research Program in 13 of 99 Research Areas
- A graduate of an accredited master's program with a 3.2 GPA.
- GRE scores must indicate potential for success in the program.
- International students must also submit TOEFL scores, with a TOEFL score of 600 (paper-based) or 250 (computer-based).
- In addition, the faculty pay special attention to evidence that indicates that candidates can meet the challenge of a rigorous research degree program.
- Associate Professor Joshua Atkinson, Ph.D., University of Missouri
- Associate Professor Katherine Bradshaw, Ph.D., Michigan State University
- Associate Professor Rick Busselle, Ph.D., Michigan State University
- Associate Professor Catherine Cassara, Ph.D. Michigan State University
- Professor Lynda Dixon, Ph.D., University of Oklahoma
- Assistant Professor John Dowd, Ph.D., Purdue University
- Professor Sandra Faulkner, Ph.D., The Pennsylvania State University
- Professor Jim Foust, Ph.D., Ohio University
- Professor Radhika Gajjala, Ph.D., University of Pittsburgh
- Professor Alberto Gonzalez, Ph.D. Ohio State University
- Associate Professor Ellen Gorsevski, Ph.D., The Pennsylvania State University
- Professor Louisa Ha, Ph.D., Michigan State University
- Professor Lisa Hanasono, Ph.D., Purdue University
- Assistant Professor Ilyoung Ju, Ph.D., University of Florida
- Professor Lara Lengel, Ph.D., Ohio University
- Assistant Professor Yanqin Lu, Ph.D., Indiana University
- Associate Professor Kate Magsamen-Conrad, Ph.D., Rutgers University
- Professor Thomas Mascaro, Ph.D., Wayne State University
- Professor Srinivas Melkote, Ph.D., University of Iowa
- Professor Terry Rentner, Ph.D., Bowling Green State University
- Associate Professor Clayton Rosati, Ph.D. Syracuse University
- Assistant Professor Saif Shahin, Ph.D., University of Texas
- Associate Professor Ewart Skinner, Ph.D., Michigan State University
- Professor Laura Stafford, Ph.D., University of Texas
NCA Awards Received by Faculty and Students, 2000-present
- Brommel Award for Outstanding Scholarship in Family Communication, 2016