The Nominating Committee, chaired by Mark V. Redmond, and the Committee on Committees, chaired by Carole Blair, developed a full ballot of candidates for the 2017 NCA election. Members will be asked to elect a Second Vice President and At-Large Representatives to the Legislative Assembly, the Committee on Committees, and the Nominating Committee.
Balloting for the election will open on Tuesday, January 3, 2017, and will close on Tuesday, February 7, 2017, at 5 p.m. EST. All individual members of NCA as of January 1, 2017, are eligible to vote in the regular election. If you are eligible to vote and do not receive an electronic ballot on Tuesday, January 3 or if you would like to request a paper ballot, please contact the National Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help ensure you receive your electronic ballot, please note the ballot will be coming from “NCA Election Coordinator" (email@example.com). Please ensure that your spam filter allows this email to get to your inbox by adding this email address to your address book.
2017 NCA Election Ballot
Second Vice President
One will be elected with a term beginning in January 2018.
Committee on Committees (At- Large Members)
Two will be elected to serve two-year terms beginning in January 2018.
- Reynaldo Anderson, Harris-Stowe State University
- Samantha Senda-Cook, Creighton University
- Radhika Gajjala, Bowling Green State University
- Kevin Johnson, California State University, Long Beach
Legislative Assembly (At- Large Members)
Three will be elected to serve three-year terms beginning in January 2018.
- Rebecca Hayes, Illinois State University
- Bryan J. McCann, Louisiana State University
- Lana McDonnell, Texas A&M University Kingsville
- George F. McHendry, Jr., Creighton University
- Mary Triece, University of Akron
- Luke Winslow, San Diego State University
Nominating Committee (At- Large Members)
Four candidates will be elected to serve a one-year term beginning in September 2017.
- Pamela Conners, Gustavus Adolphus College
- Stephen M. Croucher, University of Jyväskylä
- Kyle Heuett, Ball State University
- Blake Paxton, Saint Xavier University
- Narissra M. Punyanunt-Carter, Texas Tech University
- Keli Steuber Fazio, The College of New Jersey
- Sara Trask, Randolph-Macon College
- Stephanie L. Young, University of Southern Indiana
Governing Documents Proposal
Over the past few years, NCA has conducted a routine review of our current constitution and bylaws. This effort was motivated by a desire to ensure that the organization’s governing documents continue to facilitate the most effective governance possible in evolving internal and external environments. In November 2016, the Executive Committee unanimously brought a proposed new set of bylaws to the Legislative Assembly for consideration. By a vote exceeding the 2/3 requirement, the Legislative Assembly adopted the proposed bylaws to replace the current constitution and bylaws, with the proviso that such adoption is conditional on a membership vote. If ratified, the approved bylaws will go into effect on January 1, 2018.
Documents for review:
- Detailed information about the revision, including background and rationale for the proposal
- Full text of the proposed bylaws
- Redlined version of the current Constitution/Bylaws indicating the proposed changes
Shall the current constitution be rescinded and the current bylaws be replaced with the revised bylaws as adopted by the Legislative Assembly?