2007 NCA Award Winners
Donald H. Ecroyd Award for Outstanding Teaching in Higher Education
- Kathleen J. Turner, Davidson College
Marcella E. Oberle Award for Outstanding Teaching in Grades K-12
- Tina Winings
Michael and Suzanne Osborn Community College Outstanding Educator Award
- Tasha Van Horn, Citrus College
Wallace A. Bacon Lifetime Teaching Excellence Award
- Larry Schnoor
Bernard J. Brommel Award for Outstanding Scholarship or Distinguished Service in Family Communication
- Leslie A. Baxter, University of Iowa
Charles H. Woolbert Research Award
- Thomas K. Nakayama & Robert L. Krizek, “Whiteness: A Strategic Rhetoric.” Quarterly Journal of Speech, 81 (1995): 291-309.
Diamond Anniversary Book Award
- Trevor Parry-Giles, The Character of Justice: Rhetoric, Law, and Politics in the Supreme Court Confirmation Process. (Michigan State University Press, 2006).
Donald P. Cushman Memorial Award
- Andy J. Merolla, The Ohio State University, “Modeling Relational Continuity in Distance Relationships”
Douglas W. Ehninger Distinguished Rhetorical Scholar Award
- Barbara Ann Biesecker
Franklyn S. Haiman Award for Distinguished Scholarship in Freedom of Expression
- John Durham Peters, Courting the Abyss: Free Speech and the Liberal Tradition (University of Chicago Press, 2005).
Gerald M. Phillips Award for Distinguished Applied Communication Scholarship
- Julia T. Wood
Gerald R. Miller Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Awards
- Ann Neville Miller, University of Georgia. “Self-Disclosure of HIV Seropositivity in Nairobi, Kenya: Targets, Methods and Motivations,” (Donald L. Rubin, advisor).
- Dave Tell, The Pennsylvania State University. “The Politics of Public Confession: Expressivism and American Democracy,” (Rosa Eberly, advisor).
James A. Winans-Herbert A. Wichelns Memorial Award for Distinguished Scholarship in Rhetoric and Public Address
- Phaedra C. Pezzullo, Toxic Tourism: Rhetorics of Pollution, Travel, and Environmental Justice (University of Alabama Press, 2006).
James L. Golden Outstanding Student Essay in Rhetoric Award
- Theresa A. Donofrio, University of Maryland
Karl R. Wallace Memorial Award
- Ekaterina V. Haskins
Leslie Irene Coger Award for Distinguished Performance
- Lynn C. Miller
Lilla A. Heston Award for Outstanding Scholarship in Interpretation and Performance Studies
- Jacqueline Taylor
Robert J. Kibler Memorial Award
- David Henry
Samuel L. Becker Distinguished Service Award
- William F. Eadie