2006 NCA Award Winners
Donald H. Ecroyd Award for Outstanding Teaching in Higher Education
- Julia Wood, University of North Carolina
Marcella E. Oberle Award for Outstanding Teaching in Grades K-12
- Jean Ann Streiff
Michael and Suzanne Osborn Community College Outstanding Educator Award
- Barbara Clinton, Highline Community College
Wallace A. Bacon Lifetime Teaching Excellence Award
- Beverly W. Long
Bernard J. Brommel Award for Outstanding Scholarship or Distinguished Service in Family Communication
- Dawn O. Braithwaite, University of Nebraska
Charles H. Woolbert Research Award
- Carole Blair, Julie Brown, & Leslie Baxter, “Disciplining the Feminine.” Quarterly Journal of Speech 80, (1994): 383-409.
Diamond Anniversary Book Award
- Angela Ray, The Lyceum and Public Culture in the Nineteenth-Century United States. (Michigan State University Press, 2005)
- Marouf Hasian Jr., In the Name of Necessity: Military Tribunals and the Loss of American Civil Liberties. (University of Alabama Press, 2005)
Douglas W. Ehninger Distinguished Rhetorical Scholar Award
- Raymie McKerrow
Franklyn S. Haiman Award for Distinguished Scholarship in Freedom of Expression
- Tom Tedford & Dale Herbeck, Freedom of Speech in the United States (5th ed.) (Strata Publishing, 2004).
Gerald M. Phillips Award for Distinguished Applied Communication Scholarship
- Lawrence Rosenfeld
Gerald R. Miller Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Awards
- R. Kelly Garrett, University of Michigan. “Exposure to Controversy in an Information Society.” (Paul J. Resnick, advisor).
- Paul Turpin, University of Southern California. “Liberal Political Economy and Justice: Character and Decorum in the Economic Arguments of Adam Smith and Milton Friedman,” (Walter Fisher, advisor).
James A. Winans-Herbert A. Wichelns Memorial Award for Distinguished Scholarship in Rhetoric and Public Address
- Angela G. Ray, The Lyceum and Public Culture in the Nineteenth-Century United States (Michigan State University Press, 2005).
James L. Golden Outstanding Student Essay in Rhetoric Award
- Brandon Inabinet, Northwestern University
Karl R. Wallace Memorial Award
- James Kimble
Leslie Irene Coger Award for Distinguished Performance
- Ron Shields
Lilla A. Heston Award for Outstanding Scholarship in Interpretation and Performance Studies
- M. Lane Bruner
Robert J. Kibler Memorial Award
- Ron Arnett
Samuel L. Becker Distinguished Service Award
- Joe MacDoniels