2000 NCA Award Winners
Donald H. Ecroyd Award for Outstanding Teaching in Higher Education
- Lawrence B. Rosenfeld, University of North Carolina
Marcella E. Oberle Award for Outstanding Teaching in Grades K-12
- David A. Wendt
Michael and Suzanne Osborn Community College Outstanding Educator Award
- Anne Marie “Reeze” LaLonde Hanson, Haskell Indian Nations University
Wallace A. Bacon Lifetime Teaching Excellence Award
- Ted. J. Foster
Bernard J. Brommel Award for Outstanding Scholarship or Distinguished Service in Family Communication
- Kathleen Galvin, Northwestern University
Charles H. Woolbert Research Award
- Maurice Charland, "Constitutive Rhetoric: The Case of the Peuple Québécois." Quarterly Journal of Speech 73 (1987): 133-150.
Diamond Anniversary Book Award
- Stephen Howard Browne, Angelina Grimke: Rhetoric, Identity, and the Radical Imagination. (Michigan State University Press, 1999).
Douglas W. Ehninger Distinguished Rhetorical Scholar Award
- Edward Schiappa
Franklyn S. Haiman Award for Distinguished Scholarship in Freedom of Expression
- John Fliter, "The Impact of Rosenberger v. Rector and Visitors of University of Virginia on Public Forum Doctrine.” Free Speech Yearbook 37 (1999)
Gerald M. Phillips Award for Distinguished Applied Communication Scholarship
- Lawrence R. Frey
Gerald R. Miller Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Awards
- Stephen M. Haas, The Ohio State University. “Relationship Maintenance in Gay Male Couples Coping with HIV/AIDS,” (Dale E. Brashers & Laura Stafford, advisors).
- Erina L. MacGeorge, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. “The Influence of Situational Variation, Associated Attributions, and Emotions on Support Providers' Interaction Goals,” (Ruth Anne Clark, advisor).
- Garth E. Pauley, The Pennsylvania State University. “The Modern Presidency and Civil Rights Rhetoric: Presidential Discourse on Race from Roosevelt to Nixon,” (Thomas W. Benson, advisor).
James A. Winans-Herbert A. Wichelns Memorial Award for Distinguished Scholarship in Rhetoric and Public Address
- John Durham Peters, Speaking into the Air: A History of the Idea of Communication (University of Chicago Press, 1999).
Karl R. Wallace Memorial Award
- Raka Shome
Leslie Irene Coger Award for Distinguished Performance
- M. Lee Potts
Lilla A. Heston Award for Outstanding Scholarship in Interpretation and Performance Studies
- Ronald J. Pelias
Robert J. Kibler Memorial Award
- Deborah F. Atwater
Samuel L. Becker Distinguished Service Award
- Anita Taylor