1995 NCA Award Winners
Donald H. Ecroyd Award for Outstanding Teaching in Higher Education
- Kenneth L Brown, University of Massachusetts
Marcella E. Oberle Award for Outstanding Teaching in Grades K-12
- Robert Neuleib
Michael and Suzanne Osborn Community College Outstanding Educator Award
- M'Liss Hindman, Tyler Junior College
Wallace A. Bacon Lifetime Teaching Excellence Award
- Thomas Pace
Charles H. Woolbert Research Award
- Sally A. Jackson & Scott Jacobs, “Generalizing About Messages: Suggestions for Design & Analysis of Experiments.” Human Communication Research 9 (1983): 169-181.
Diamond Anniversary Book Award
- Roderick Hart, Seducing America: How Television Charms the Modern Voter. (Oxford University Press, 1994).
Douglas W. Ehninger Distinguished Rhetorical Scholar Award
- Richard A. Cherwitz
Franklyn S. Haiman Award for Distinguished Scholarship in Freedom of Expression
- Maurine H. Beasley, “Women and Freedom of the Press: A Preliminary Historical Inquiry,” Free Speech Yearbook 32 (1994): 18-32.
Gerald M. Phillips Award for Distinguished Applied Communication Scholarship
- Everett M. Rogers
Gerald R. Miller Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Awards
- Greg L. Dickinson, University of Southern California. “Landscapes of Consumption, Landscapes of Memory: The Rhetoric of Modern Urban Consumption,” (Randall A. Lake, advisor).
- Thomas J. Roach, Northwestern University. “Dissolution of Objectivity: The Third Face of Power and American News Media,” (Thomas B. Farrell, advisor).
- Audrey Jane Weiss, University of California, Santa Barbara. “Emotional Depictions in Family-Formatter Situation Comedies: Children's Interpretations, Emotional Responses, and Social Learning,” (Barbara J. Wilson, advisor).
James A. Winans-Herbert A. Wichelns Memorial Award for Distinguished Scholarship in Rhetoric and Public Address
- John Poulakos, Sophistical Rhetoric in Classical Greece (University of South Carolina Press, 1995).
Karl R. Wallace Memorial Award
- Cindy L. Griffin
Leslie Irene Coger Award for Distinguished Performance
- Joanna H. Maclay
Lilla A. Heston Award for Outstanding Scholarship in Interpretation and Performance Studies
- Mary S. Strine
Robert J. Kibler Memorial Award
- Melbourne Cummings
Samuel L. Becker Distinguished Service Award
- Beverly Whitaker Long