1987 NCA Award Winners
Marcella E. Oberle Award for Outstanding Teaching in Grades K-12
- Richard A. Hunsaker
Charles H. Woolbert Research Award
- Karlyn K. Campbell, “The Rhetoric of Women’s Liberation: An Oxymoron.” Quarterly Journal of Speech 59 (1973): 74-86.
Douglas W. Ehninger Distinguished Rhetorical Scholar Award
- Michael Osborn
Franklyn S. Haiman Award for Distinguished Scholarship in Freedom of Expression
- Ruth McGaffey, “Freedom of Speech for the Ideas We Hate: Nongovernmental Abridgment of Freedom of Expression,” Free Speech Yearbook 26 (1987): 90-103.
Gerald R. Miller Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Awards
- Renée A. Meyers, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. “Argument and Group Decision-Making: An Interactional Test of Persuasive Arguments Theory and an Alternative Structurational Perspective,” (David R. Seibold, advisor).
- Tamar Katriel, Talking Straight: Dugri Speech in Israeli Sabra Culture (Cambridge University Press, 1986).
James A. Winans-Herbert A. Wichelns Memorial Award for Distinguished Scholarship in Rhetoric and Public Address
- Walter R. Fisher, Human Communication as Narration: Toward a Philosophy of Reason, Value and Action (University of South Carolina Press, 1987).
Karl R. Wallace Memorial Award
- Frederick J. Antczak
Robert J. Kibler Memorial Award
- Lawrence B. Rosenfeld
Samuel L. Becker Distinguished Service Award
- Gerald R. Miller