1976 NCA Award Winners
Franklyn S. Haiman Award for Distinguished Scholarship in Freedom of Expression
- William A. Linsley, “The Supreme Court and the First Amendment, 1975-1976,” Free Speech Yearbook 15 (1976): 17-30.
Gerald R. Miller Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Awards
- Donald G. Ellis, University of Utah. “An Analysis of Relational Communication in Ongoing Group Systems,” (B. Aubrey Fisher, advisor).
- Steven C. Rhodes, The Pennsylvania State University. “An Empirical Analysis of the Relationships between Information Processing and Feedback Utilization in Dyadic Communicative Systems,” (Kenneth D. Frandsen, advisor).
- David R. Seibold, Michigan State University. “A Complex Model of Multidimensional Attitude and Overt Behavior Relationships: The Mediating Effects of Certainty and Locus-of-Control,” (Donald P. Cushman, advisor).
Golden Anniversary Book Award
- Wilbur S. Howell, Poetics, Rhetoric and Logic (Cornell University Press, 1975).
James A. Winans-Herbert A. Wichelns Memorial Award for Distinguished Scholarship in Rhetoric and Public Address
- Michael C. McGee, “In Search of ‘The People’: a Rhetorical Alternative,” Quarterly Journal of Speech 61 (1975): 235-249.
Karl R. Wallace Memorial Award
- Richard Leo Enos
Samuel L. Becker Distinguished Service Award
- Marie Hochmuth Nichols