Coverage of the fall 2013 British Debate Tour
Davis & Elkins College Debate Coverage -- Click Here
University of Nebraska-Lincoln Debate Coverage -- Click Here
Penn State University Debate Announcement -- Saturday November 9th at 5 p.m. -- Click Here
University of North Texas -- Debate Introduction Prezi Presentation
Irvine Valley College Debate Coverage-- Click Here
The Committee on International Discussion and Debate promotes international understanding and the practice of communication through discussion and debates between students from the United States and other nations. To learn about the latest CIDD sponsored debate tour in Japan, click here.
Specific objectives of this program are to:
- Broaden the scope of international educational and cultural exchanges by providing a channel for the exchange of ideas and attitudes among students and young people in America and throughout the world;
- Make possible informal meetings among students, college and university personnel, and the general citizenry of participating countries;
- Facilitate the exchange of information and ideas about the educational systems of the countries involved;
- Reinforce the importance of dialogue as a preferred means for resolving international and intercultural differences;
- Maintain and enhance the ties between the National Communication Association and forensics organizations, forensics programs, and their sponsoring academic departments throughout the United States; and
- Provide opportunities to enhance an understanding and appreciation of the discipline of communication both in other nations and in the United States.
Stephen Llano, Carly Woods, Anne Marie Todd, and Wayne Kraemer
CIDD Tour Coordinator
Contact Sarah Jane Snider for information about hosting a tour or participating in CIDD activities.