Sigma Chi Eta (SCH) is the official community college honor society of the National Communication Association (NCA). Since 2000, SCH has fostered growth in the Communication discipline among two-year colleges and universities. Every year, Sigma Chi Eta inducts and rewards new outstanding Communication students while exploring options for community college students to transfer to four-year colleges or universities or enter the workforce. Once inducted, a student is a member for life and is expected to always strive for excellence. It is the hope of SCH and NCA that each member will maintain a relationship with his or her alma mater, faculty, and other students of the discipline.
The Six Goals of Sigma Chi Eta:
- Recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement
- Stimulate interest in the field of Communication
- Promote and encourage professional development among Communication majors
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas about the field
- Establish and maintain close relationships and understanding between faculty and students
- Explore options for further undergraduate/graduate studies
Membership and Materials
Find membership forms, start a chapter, and learn how to order induction materials.
Renew your chapter online
Order your induction materials (certificates and pins)
SCH Membership Policies and Procedures
Governance and Leadership
Find Sigma Chi Eta (SCH) on Facebook and Twitter.
Learn how to apply for awards, program activities for your chapter, and read about the NCA Annual Convention.
National Office Contact
Sigma Chi Eta
1765 N St., N.W.
Washington DC, 20036
Email the National Office