The Nominating Committee, chaired by Robert K.
Avery, and the Committee on Committees, chaired by Rich West, have developed a
full ballot of candidates for the 2014 NCA election. Members will be asked to
elect a Second Vice President and At-Large Representatives to the Legislative
Assembly, the Committee on Committees, and the Nominating Committee. Members
are also asked to vote on amending our governing documents.
Balloting for the election will open on Tuesday, January 14, 2014, and will
close on Tuesday, February 11, 2014, at 5 p.m. EST. All members of NCA as of
January 1, 2014, are eligible to vote in the regular election.
To help ensure you receive your electronic ballot, please note the ballot will
be coming from “NCA Election Coordinator" (email@example.com). Please ensure
that your spam filter allows this email to get to your inbox by adding this
email address to your address book.
All members of NCA as of January 1, 2014 are eligible to vote in the regular election. If you are eligible to vote and do not receive an electronic ballot on Tuesday, January 14 or if you would like to request a paper ballot, please contact Mark Fernando at NCA’s National Office at 202-534-1105 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2014 NCA Election Ballot
The 2013 NCA Nominating Committee, chaired by Robert K. Avery, offers the following ballot of candidates.
Second Vice President:
One will be elected with a term beginning in January 2015
Legislative Assembly (At- Large Members)
Three will be elected to serve three-year terms beginning in January 2015. Click here to learn more about each candidate.
- Jonathan Bowman, University of San Diego
- Anne F. Mattina, Stonehill College
- Stephanie Norander, Missouri State University
- John H. Saunders, Huntingdon College
- Rebecca M. Townsend, Manchester Community College
- Vince Waldron, Arizona State University
Committee on Committees (At- Large Members)
Two will be elected to serve two-year terms beginning in January 2015. Click here to learn more about each candidate.
- Lynn Disbrow, Huntingdon College
- Sandra Faulkner, Bowling Green State University
- Lindsey A. Harvell, Southern Utah University
- Lynne M. Webb, Florida International University
The following election ballot was determined by the Committee on Committees.
Nominating Committee (At-Large Members)
Four will be elected to serve a one-year term beginning in September 2014. Click here to learn more about each candidate.
- Tasha Dubriwny, Texas A&M University
- Tina Harris, University of Georgia
- Robert Leonard, Sinclair Community College
- Ryan Neville-Shepard, Indiana University-Purdue University Columbus
- Donyale Griffin Padgett, Wayne State University
- Roger Smitter, Delta Mu Delta Business Honors Society
- Ashli Quesinberry Stokes, University of North Carolina--Charlotte
- Raymond M. Watkins, Central Carolina Technical College
the past few years, NCA has conducted a routine review of our current
constitution and bylaws. This effort was
motivated by a desire to ensure that the organization’s governing documents
continue to facilitate the most effective governance possible in evolving
internal and external environments. In
November 2013, the Executive Committee unanimously brought a proposed new set
of bylaws to the Legislative Assembly for consideration. By a vote exceeding the 2/3 requirement, the
Legislative Assembly adopted the proposed bylaws to replace the current
constitution and bylaws, with the proviso that such adoption is conditional on
a membership vote. If ratified, the
approved bylaws will go into effect on January 1, 2015. Please click here for detailed information about the
revision, including a table that identifies problems with our current governing
documents and corresponding proposed solutions.
Please click here to read the