Lambda Pi Eta (LPH) is the National Communication Association’s official honor society at four-year colleges and universities. LPH has more than 450 active chapters at four-year colleges and universities nationwide.
LPH became a part of the National Communication Association in 1988, and the association's official honor society in July 1995. It is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS).
LPH represents what Aristotle described in Rhetoric as three ingredients of persuasion: logos (Lambda), meaning logic; pathos (Pi), relating to emotion; and ethos (Eta), defined as character credibility and ethics.
The Six Goals of Lambda Pi Eta:
- Recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in Communication Studies;
- Stimulate interest in the field of Communication;
- Promote and encourage professional development among Communication majors;
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of Communication;
- Establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and students; and
- Explore options for graduate education in Communication Studies.
Membership and Materials
Find membership forms, start a chapter, and learn how to order induction materials.
Lambda Pi Eta Policies and Procedures
Renew your chapter online
Order induction materials through Award Concepts
Watch the Ordering LPH Materials demonstration
Visit the LPH Members online store
Governance and Leadership
Learn how to apply for awards and keep your chapter active, read past issues of Simply Speaking and learn about the NCA Annual Convention.
Find Lambda Pi Eta (LPH) on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
LPH Journal Archives
NCA discontinued publishing the LPH Journal in 2015. We are no longer accepting submissions for this publication.
National Office Contact
Lambda Pi Eta
1765 N St, NW
Washington, DC 20036
Email the National Office