The Communication, Research, and Theory Network (CRTNET) is an email listserv managed by NCA. Subscribers receive daily digested emails on the subjects listed below. All subscribers are encouraged to contribute abstracts, calls, articles, announcements, grant opportunities, comments, questions, and discussion on all topics relating to the general area of human communication. Postings are free, except for position announcements.
Subscribe to CRTNET
Subscriptions to CRTNET are free to all. Click here to subscribe, unsubscribe, or obtain back issues. Once you subscribe or unsubscribe, you will receive an email asking for confirmation.
- Announcement and Queries
- Conferences and Calls
- Position Announcements
If you have a question, idea, concern or recommendation about any aspect of NCA, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.
The following applies to submission postings for all posting categories except Position Announcements. See the position announcement section for more detailed submission information.
- Submissions should be sent in the text of an email without unusual fonts or formatting, spacing, PDFs, tables, or attachments.
- Send all submissions to CRTNET@natcom.org.
- Replies to CRTNET posts should be sent to CRTNET@natcom.org.
- Include the following in your submission:
- The category of announcement you are submitting
- Your name and email (which will be included in the posting)
- A subject line as you would like it to appear on CRTNET
- Position announcements are free for NCA departmental members. The fee for non-departmental members is $100. Payment must be in the form of a credit card.
- Departments may also join NCA in lieu of paying the position announcements fee. Please allow 3-5 days for departmental membership processing.
- All position advertisers must submit their position announcements using the CRTNET Position Announcement form.
Submission and Posting Policies
- Messages may only be posted once.
- The tone of CRTNET is expected to remain professional.
- All postings require a name and email address; anonymous submissions will not be posted.
- Submissions are not edited for content, spelling, or grammar.
- Advertisements will not be posted.
- CRTNET is managed within the NCA National Office and will not be sent out when the office is closed for holidays or the NCA annual convention.
- Submissions are intended for the listserv only, not the NCA website or Spectra. The opinions expressed in CRTNET are those of the message author and do not reflect the opinions, views, or official positions of the National Communication Association.
- Contributions to discussions should be the author's original work; commentary that originated on other lists will not be posted on CRTNET.
- Copyright and Permissions
- Unless indicated in the text of an individual post, material distributed in CRTNET is understood to be available for redistribution by electronic or other means for noncommercial purposes. Requests for permission to reproduce a post for commercial purposes should be directed to the author of that post. Readers who would like to recommend copyrighted material available electronically should submit a short summary of the material along with the URL where the material can be found. The opinions expressed in CRTNET are those of the message authors and should not be taken as official positions of the National Communication Association.
Founding Editor-in-Chief: Tom Benson, Penn State University